THE VISION AND PURPOSE OF THE MEN’S MINISTRY IS DISCIPLESHIP.
We will cultivate an environment for men at Redeemer to grow together in their walk with Christ and to provide support for each other in dealing with the particular problems faced by men. We will offer programs with vision and purpose, providing a number of entry points for men to get involved at different levels of commitment to the church and to relationships with other men. There will be fellowship and sports activities, service projects, retreats, Bible studies and discipleship groups. Some activities will be one-time or stand alone events which involve no more commitment than the event itself, and some others will involve longer term programs for men who want to make a more serious commitment to a group.
MEN’S MINISTRY ACTIVITIES ARE ARRANGED AROUND FOUR BASIC THEMES
- Men’s need and desire for fellowship with other men (Retreat, sports opportunities, movie night, Saturday morning service group)
- Men’s need and desire for discipleship (Men’s Groups and Bible Studies, Discipleship curriculum)
- Men’s need for guidance in leading at home and in relationships (Men’s Groups and Bible Studies; Men’s Fraternity)
- Men’s need for a community forum and resource bank online (Redeemer Men’s Ministry Facebook group offers the opportunity for this.)
Ways to Get Involved with Men’s Ministry
- Thursday Morning Men’s Group/Men’s Fraternity : The Men’s Fraternity program is designed to help men come together and strengthen each other through weekly sessions that combine biblical teaching and small group interaction. This study focuses on the primary issues that shape a man’s life; explores in depth the biblical concept of manhood; and finally provides practical building blocks for any man to use to construct for himself a nobler, more satisfying manhood. Cost is $10 for the participant workbook. Contact persons: Scott Marshall (601) 906-3515, email@example.com; Stan Magee (601) 497-0978, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday Morning Prayer/Study Group: This group of men has been meeting every Friday morning in the kitchen/gathering area since the years when Trinity Presbyterian was here. They meet at 6:30 a.m. for breakfast and spend the time together discussing a book they are reading and sharing prayer needs. Contact person: Rip Baker (601) 613-7104,
- Facebook Community: Stay in touch with other men at Redeemer through the Men’s Facebook Group. You can share questions with the group about everyday life where you may need help. You can post a message to see if anyone else is interested in getting together for an activity. Search for “Men’s Ministry at Redeemer Church, Jackson, MS” in Facebook and ask to join.
- Fellowship Activities: We periodically meet for the purpose of fellowship and to strengthen relationships with men in the church and in the community. Past events have included paintball, steaks and movie night, and golf. We also plan a Men’s Retreat in January of each year. These events will be communicated through email, bulletin announcements, and the Men’s Ministry Facebook page. If you are willing to help coordinate an event please contact Stan Magee (601) 497-0978, email@example.com
- Discipleship Curriculum (FUTURE ACTIVITY.): This is a curriculum we will use eventually that involves a two year commitment. CLC (Christian Leadership Concepts) equips men to be leaders in order to make an impact for God in their home, church, work and community. Contact person: Scott Marshall (601) 906-3515,firstname.lastname@example.org.